Monday, December 20, 2010

CHRISTMAS BREAK!!

I don't know about you guys, but I am freaking tired!! I am so, so, so grateful for this break. I have been going to school straight for far too long. Check it out: summer term, fall/winter semester, spring/summer and now fall. Not to mention that I will soon be starting winter, doing an internship for spring/summer, and then finishing up next fall. Within this longer-than-two-year period, I will have not had more than 2 weeks of breathing room and rest from school. I finally reached my breaking point this semester, fairly early on. I just could not bring myself to do homework or study for tests. Will see evidence of this when grades are posted. To my credit, I was also working 2-3 jobs and working as an officer in the Arabic club and helping out in other ways. I finally broke.
This is why I am so grateful for this Christmas break. In a 2 week period, I have naught but 6 commitments: church, 3 days of work, Christmas, and New Years. In 2 weeks, this is all I have to do! It is going to be so marvelous!! This now means I can sleep, eat, read, and watch movies, the recipe for relaxation. Especially because there are so few people stuck in Provo, I will be mostly alone! That being said, I hope to be so bored of having nothing to do, that I will be able to jump into classes next semester, ready to go! I am taking 1 Arabic class, 1 Chinese class (yes sir, you read that right), accounting, and a handful of business classes! This semester should be a fun one. I hope the business classes aren't too bad.
Concerning work next semester, I will no longer be working at Walden, just not feasible in my scheduling. I will be working almost all day/afternoon as an Arabic 202 TA, I'll also be in class on occasion.

What I've watched so far:
Tron 3D
Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Despicable Me
Karate Kid (the newer one)
Nacho Libre
Slumdog Millionaire
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (twice)
Part of How Harry met Sally
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Shrek
Saturday Night Live: The Best of Chris Farley
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Charade
Some Like it Hot
An Office Episode
A lot of Youtube

What I am reading:
The Scriptures (New Testament and Book of Mormon)
A book on Thomas Paine
Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone (in Arabic)
Studying up for my new job as an Arabic 202 TA

Some Good Food I've Made:
Chicken Noodle Soup
Steak
Sloppy Joes

No comments:

Post a Comment