Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Daily Schedule

So, every day of the week I have class at 8:00 in the morning. I have anywhere from 1-3 classes a day, each of which last for 2 hours. Then we have a recommended 2 hours of news paper reading each day, but it usually takes 3 or more. Additionally we are required to speak 2 hours to a native Egyptian, but time is of little importance to them and want was intended to be 2 hours can quickly turn into twice that. Don't forget my nap which lasts from anywhere to 20 minutes to an hour. So, worst case scenario, we are looking at a day that has 13 hours already scheduled. The average day, probably around 10 hours. So much for fun and personal time right? Well, I am going to try and find ways to combine these into one. Like going to mosques and asking people about Islam, or going to cathedrals and asking people about Christianity or sitting in the Metro and asking people for help and then turning that into a conversation. We also have a club membership that has fields for all sorts of sports and places for food and relaxation and swimming. Dil, our supervisor, wants us to spend time there too. So, what am I doing in Cairo, Egypt? That!

5 comments:

  1. I loved the pictures in your earlier post! Also, I met someone who knows you, and I told her that you are in Egypt and that you had ishaal. I figured that would be ok since you did post it on your blog... miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you're having SO much fun!! Keep us updated! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。 ..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know. whats the deal? life is so busy.
    by the way. i have not been ignoring you... we don't have facebook here. but we leave for egypt on thursday!

    ummm... i probably won't have internet, but if you email me soon I can email you back.

    its lauren.call@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete