Saturday, March 14, 2009


So today I had the chance to go to a mosque for my intro to Islam class, it's in Salt Lake. It was a great experience! I learned a lot. There was something inspiring to see people from a completely different faith all united there to worship who they think God is. It's a shame that they are so misunderstood. I wish people could know and understand more about their fascinating culture. The hardest part for me was that there were so many great photo opportunities there, but I didn't think it would be respectful to photograph their services. Next time I am going to get permission because it really was awesome! Afterward, the imam gave a brief segment of Islam. Below are some pictures I took, none really turned out good. Forgive my finger, it was with my digital camera and I keep forgetting it has a wide angle, and I didn't want to use flash so a few are kinda blurry.

The dome from the inside:

The outside, with a small minaret


No comments:

Post a Comment